Out of Eden Limited (we, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is us, Out of Eden Limited of Home Farm Buildings, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria CA17 4AP.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ian Hartley.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.outofeden.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Other information you provide relevant to any offers we may advertise from time to time.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
|Essential site cookies
||Session Cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit.
||If you are browsing Out of Eden web site, you may decline a cookie and continue to view the site. However, if you will be accessing your account information we require that you accept that our site's cookies as they are essential for site administration and security
||When a user clicks an 'Add to Basket' button for the first time during a browsing session a temporary cookie is set to identify a unique Basket ID for that user.
||This cookie is used to record what users have viewed. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
||_utma stores each user's amount of visits, and the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit
||Cookies _utma to _utmz are used by websites which use Google Analytics in order to track visitors. Google Analytics does not collect personal data about the website visitors. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics on all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
||_utmb and _utmc _utmz
||__utmb and __utmc are used to check approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends.
_utmz stores where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
|Whos On Live Chat
||A cookie is placed on your computer to identify your visit to our website so that our Live Chat can provide you with the best service.
||The WhosOn Cookie is placed on your computer using code developed by Parker Software, however Parker Software have no access or control over this cookie that has been created.
||This cookie is linked to identifiable information that we hold about your activity within this website. This cookie does not hold any private information on your computer, or allow tracking of your visits to other websites. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
||The cookie is a domain cookie specific to the www.p-mm.co.uk domain, and cannot be accessed from any other domain. The resulting data is available for use by P&MM Limited only. PSL give no access to any third party, except when it is their legal obligation to do so under British Law.
|The payment transactions will be encrypted using creditcall eKashu, our secure payment gateway
||Cookies are a requirement for our secure payment gateway. Without enabling cookies you will not be able to place an order with us on line.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, fax, telephone or email. If you do not wish to receive communications by any of the previous methods, please inform us of your preference to opt-out of these services.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Out of Eden Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Out of Eden Limited, Home Farm Buildings, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria CA17 4AP or email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.